How to become a rubbish-reduction champion!
Every May over 10, 000 volunteers help to clean up and beautify Thunder Bay by picking up litter from streets and parks. We want to say Thank you to everyone's hard work and would like to give you some pointers on how you can help all year long!
Reducing the amount of rubbish or trash produced at work can help save money—and it’s good for the environment. Here are some tips on how to get started reducing:
• Reduce the amount of paper you use by sending electronic documents. Use double-sided copies. Use the back of printed copies you don’t need anymore for drafts of new work you are producing or for to-do lists.
• Put a small recycling bin for paper in your cubicle.
• When it’s full take it to your office bin to empty it. That way you don’t have to get up every time you want to recycle a piece of paper.
• Donate non-sensitive paper to schools for reuse.
• Bring in your own ceramic mug and use it instead of disposable cups.
• Take your lunch to work in a reusable container.
• Keep a plastic bag at your desk and use it to shop with after work.
• Recycle paper, glass and plastic in your office.
• Organize recycling pickup for your office.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that heart button below. Would mean a lot to me and it helps other people see the story.
This and even more articles visit the Miracles Await Blog